Christi's mom made this wonderful ruffle cake that was strawberry inside.
This one is her favorite and made her laugh out loud. : )
For drinks they had flowering, peach tea that was a special addition and made it fancy and fun.
~Rejoice and be Glad~
Things that were included that were a part of the Pollyanna theme:
- The Glad banner and tags from friends and family
- The Glad Tree - Pollyanna fell out of a tree after she learned how to climb them
- Biscuits were served with the meal and two choices of jam were available (in the movie Pollyanna delivered calves foot jelly to the poor)
- Hats - Pollyanna, after moving in with her Aunt Polly wore many hats
- Prisms - Were a big beauty that she discovered and used to spread cheer to others
- Cake - At the Bazaar, she got a huge piece of layered cake
- Chicken and Noodles - They had fried chicken every Sunday. Was as close to fried chicken as we were going to get. : )
It was so enjoyable to spend time with just the girls and CeLeBrate that Alegra is 10. Was a small party but sometimes those are more meaningful than the big ones, and all of her friends and close family participated in making it a memorable day for her. I believe she said it was the best birthday she's had!